Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill: Any RB Bengals draft is still 'probably going to be my backup'
I don't understand the vitriol towards each other or Jeremy Hill in this thread. Jeremy Hill is 100% correct in what he said, whether people like it or think he should have said it, or not.

Is Jeremy Hill the answer for the Bengals at RB? Magic 8-ball says "Doubtful". Hill hasn't looked like it with the exception of a 9 game stretch in 2014 and teams don't take controversial, mega talented RBs like Joe Mixon in the 2nd round without the expectation of him usurping the throne. Hill has been serviceable and reliable to show up on game day at best. And his best attribute has been scoring a lot of short yardage TDs that, frankly, any other RB on the Bengals roster could have punched in if given the chance. It didn't take anything special or unique to score most (if any) of those as they were standard football plays. But that doesn't mean it's impossible to be any different or that I wish for Hill's contributions to remain that way! None of us should wish that!

I get the initial reaction to losing Burkhead, who produced in place of Hill and under the exact same circumstances Hill failed to do so in, but that is NOT Jeremy Hill's deal. That was between Marvin Lewis, Bengals management, and Rex Burkhead. Jeremy Hill does not deserve any backlash for Burkhead, who was underused, moving on. Class act all the way around and I wish him the absolute best when he isn't playing the Bengals.

And I don't blame the Bengals or Hill if either choose to move on, but I'm not going to sit here and wish or wait with excited anticipation for the guy to fail. I'm not routing for that! I hope that Hill, who will be given lots of chances to see the field and be the #1 guy, kills it. Knocks it out of the park! He hasn't been anything but a solid guy and good teammate in the public eye. Even with the signing of Mixon, Hill has been a good teammate. No Bengals fan should wish him anything but the best 2017 he could possibly have. Hell, I hope he breaks AP's rushing record.

And, yeah, the fumble was brutal, but 2015 is gone. The Hill fumble is not having any influence on the outcome of anything in 2017. To quote Tony Burton (Apollo Creed's trainer) in Rocky II "Let it go."

[video=youtube][/video]

^ PS: Written by someone who would have gone Ricky Williams and foregone the entire allotment of Bengals draft picks to take Joe Mixon in the 1st round. I think has the potential to be THAT good. And I think the Bengals offense needs exactly what he brings.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill: Any RB Bengals draft is still 'probably going to be my backup' - PDub80 - 04-30-2017, 06:20 PM