Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals draft makes statement that they are not worried about the O-line
(05-01-2017, 06:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 41 sacks in so an improvement to less than 30 would be over 30% improvement in 2017. If that happens, our offense could be really good.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-quarterback-sacked-per-game/2016/

Last year we ranked 26th in the league, giving up 41 sacks. The best team in the league was the Oakland raiders, giving up only 18. According to last years numbers, assuming the numbers are somewhat similar, An improvement of just 6 less sacks puts us right in the middle of the pack. If we improve by giving up 11 less sacks we are sitting around 10th in the league.

Now I know this is easier said than done, but I really do think the line will improve this season for the reasons I outlined in another post above. And looking at the numbers I don't think trimming 6-10 sacks off of last years total is out of reach. I think it's very doable actually. And if it happens, I think we will be in great shape this season, with lots to cheer about.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals draft makes statement that they are not worried about the O-line - The Real Deal - 05-01-2017, 06:51 PM