Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals draft makes statement that they are not worried about the O-line
(05-01-2017, 06:15 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: I mean... that lineup looks servicable.

It's gonna come down to Ogbuehi playing LT. If he can hold up, the line will be fine. I think Eric Winston is still on the team for insurance, no?

It's impossible to overstate how awful Ogbuehi was. I still don't like Bodine, but at least he's not a complete dumpster fire. Fisher was meh in the chances he got. Andre is working into a new position and has missed a ton of games...so we could easily see a lot of Westerman or Dielman there. 

I'd say this group isn't even worthy of the word "serviceable" yet. That would imply average, decent or 16th best. As of now I think it's one of the worst groups in the NFL on paper. They can obviously get better and they just might... but they certainly have a lot to prove. Winston can come in for Fisher if needed, but he's obviously not a good lineman. Nobody of note behind Ogbuehi.

(05-01-2017, 06:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The young guys many fans are clamoring for to play quicker (many fans feel ML won't play young guys) now get their shots in year 3. Time will tell if good or bad.

I am hopeful A. Smith is going to surprise us in a good way. The OT's scare me.

I want young players to get a shot. Ogbuehi got a shot and looked awful. So IMO it was silly to go into this season with no real insurance behind him.

I give the Bengals props when I feel they deserve it, but not signing some kind of veteran insurance for Ogbuehi after he was so undeniably awful was a huge gamble IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals draft makes statement that they are not worried about the O-line - Shake n Blake - 05-01-2017, 07:26 PM