Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals draft makes statement that they are not worried about the O-line
(05-01-2017, 07:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's impossible to overstate how awful Ogbuehi was. I still don't like Bodine, but at least he's not a complete dumpster fire. Fisher was meh in the chances he got. Andre is working into a new position and has missed a ton of games...so we could easily see a lot of Westerman or Dielman there. 

I'd say this group isn't even worthy of the word "serviceable" yet. That would imply average, decent or 16th best. As of now I think it's one of the worst groups in the NFL on paper. They can obviously get better and they just might... but they certainly have a lot to prove. Winston can come in for Fisher if needed, but he's obviously not a good lineman. Nobody of note behind Ogbuehi.

I want young players to get a shot. Ogbuehi got a shot and looked awful. So IMO it was silly to go into this season with no real insurance behind him.

I give the Bengals props I feel they deserve it, but not signing some kind of veteran insurance for Ogbuehi after he was so undeniably awful was a huge gamble IMO.

I cannot accept the coaches and FO are not concerned about the disarray the O-Line is in at the moment.  The OC will have to get the ball out of Dalton's hand in 1.5 seconds which means Ross will have to run to a spot in seem route and post routes by LaFell and Green.  Nothing deep.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals draft makes statement that they are not worried about the O-line - psychdoctor - 05-01-2017, 07:33 PM