Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill: Any RB Bengals draft is still 'probably going to be my backup'
(05-02-2017, 08:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What about Aaron Rodgers?

Do smart fans hate him because he fumbled away a playoff game?

The only people who claim Hill deserves to be banished forever for one fumble are the ones who hated him before the fumble.  Hills porduction has dropped the last two years an i can understand anyone who complains about that.  But the people sqealing about how one fumble defines an entire career are ridiculous.

Fair points here, Fred.

While I have no problem being salty over the fumble, I don't wish Jeremy Hill failure. I wish him supreme success while he's a Bengal. It's self defeating to wish him to fail - and this is coming from someone who thinks Joe Mixon could be the 2nd coming of Eric Dickerson. I couldn't be more excited that the Bengals drafted him and he was my only wish among this years draft class for the Bengals.

I think why Bengals fans struggle to stay on board with Hill is that he flashed what he was capable of in 2014, and then has failed to reach or exceed that mark. Then, on top of that, he made a boneheaded play to start the decent into the abyss against the most hated team in Bengals modern history.

But, letting the above go, there's been no progression of his career path and he looks like a shell of the 2014 version of himself. That's no reason to give up on the guy completely, but I can understand that, after giving him two seasons after 2014 to figure it out, why the Bengals went and grabbed another guy to bring along into the "main guy" role. Especially after paying Gio and Hill being on the last year of his deal. They did it with Rudi Johnson - Chris Perry. They did it with BJGE - Gio Bernard & then Hill.

I think the O-Line didn't do ANYONE any favors in 2016, but it these issues weren't around in 2015, when Hill started going down, uh.... Hill.

Adding fuel to that fire is the fact that a guy whom fans thought may be talented but didn't get many shots on game days, Burkhead,  came in behind that same 2016 O-Line and looked really strong. He produced. So, given that fact, Jeremy Hill's entire 2016 looked worse. I think people bought the O-line stinks excuse until another guy came in and made it happen. And then when that guy, Burkhead is allowed to leave via FA, I think that makes people extra salty at Hill.... unjustly so, IMO.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill: Any RB Bengals draft is still 'probably going to be my backup' - PDub80 - 05-02-2017, 09:00 AM