Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated: Brandon Wilson listed as S, Carl Lawson as LB
(05-02-2017, 09:51 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think it's either Hardison or Gilberry they play the same hybrid DE/DT position. I think it's a similar situation with Thompson and Williams. I don't know that Pat SIms makes this roster.

I think Sims stays due to the leaving of Peko.

The Bengals need fatties along the line.

Sims, Billings, Glasgow are the fatties I see making it. Sims is up there in age, though, so there's a chance he doesn't hold up and someone else swoops in.

Not including rotational guys, that makes the Bengals DT rotation: Atkins, Sims, Billings, Glasgow.

I think guys like Gilberry and Clarke make it due to their being able to move inside on passing downs. So the 3 fatties I listed are there for depth and as rotational pieces depending on package, down, look, etc.

Bengals D-line looking like...

Dunlap DE
Johnson DE
Gilberry DE/DT
Willis DE
Clarke DE/DT
Sims DT
Billings DT
Glasgow DT

^ I don't see how they need more than that as long as they are healthy. That's a versatile group with experience and youth. They can mix that up for run or pass. Athletic. Fat. Fast. Stout.

And with some of the DEs being able to move inside to DT on passing downs, I just think that mix has it all.

This also allows them to see what Lawson has in the LB group and set him on the edge as a rusher, while keeping their best, biggest players on the field.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brandon Wilson listed as RB, Carl Lawson as LB - PDub80 - 05-02-2017, 10:37 AM