Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals draft makes statement that they are not worried about the O-line
(05-02-2017, 12:13 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Exacty, SE. 41 sacks with a QB who has an extremely quick release... and Whit/Zeitler were 3 of them.

Now Boling is the best player on your OL. When Boling is your best player, and Bodine is your second best, you're in freaking trouble.

This is going to be some David Carr rookie season level of ugly behind this OL.

I'm not so sure Boling is our Best lineman and if he is, it may be temporary & just be due to having experience at his position.

I see Jake Fisher as a guy that will be a fast riser that may overtake Boling as the Best soon.
Like Cedric, Jake Fisher has had this offseason to get stronger and his experience level is rising.
I see Fisher as a main piece in short order that makes a Jump forward in 2017. Possibly the next Whit as a talent.

I also think Andre Smith will settle in quite well at Guard and it may even be easy for him.
His injury last year was a Triceps injury so his Legs should be fresh and not in a state of recovery from injury.
Andre may just end up pushing Boling for the Best on team honors once he settles in at Guard.

I don't think this is as bad as it looks but still hinges on Cedric improving.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals draft makes statement that they are not worried about the O-line - depthchart - 05-02-2017, 10:52 AM