Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Thinking on Offense?
Usually I'm more of a defense guy but I'm looking at the Cincinnati roster and I see what I assess to be a change in thinking among the coaching staff with respect to offense. While the previous Bengal teams under Marvin Lewis on offense were primarily built to sustain drives, run the clock down, and score when possible, what I see now is a recipe for a wide-open pass-first Atlanta-type offense which can morph into a New England-type "yards after catch" offense when necessary.

The parts are in place* in all the skill positions to accomplish this. Drafting John Ross gives Cincinnati speed opposite AJ Green which should open up the deep ball for the first time since the days of Chad Johnson, Chris Henry, and TJ Houshmandzadeh.

Joe Mixon can catch out of the backfield expertly like Marshall Faulk did. So can Gio Bernard. This will require more coverage dedicated to them, freeing up the tight end over the middle. Speaking thereof, I think we need to get used to the fact that Tyler Eifert may not be available as often as we want -- so get used to Tyler Kroft and CJ Uzomah starting!

Speaking of Joe Mixon, watching him frustrate defenses will be FUN! Even Jeremy Hill will benefit from this new thinking.

*This depends on the offensive line and their coach getting their poop together.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
New Thinking on Offense? - Fan_in_Kettering - 05-02-2017, 11:06 AM
RE: New Thinking on Offense? - ochocincos - 05-02-2017, 11:09 AM
RE: New Thinking on Offense? - BengalD - 05-16-2017, 01:16 PM
RE: New Thinking on Offense? - THE PISTONS - 05-16-2017, 02:02 PM
RE: New Thinking on Offense? - THE PISTONS - 05-16-2017, 06:22 PM
RE: New Thinking on Offense? - Steve - 05-16-2017, 07:51 PM
RE: New Thinking on Offense? - HarleyDog - 05-16-2017, 04:24 PM
RE: New Thinking on Offense? - bengalfan74 - 05-16-2017, 06:20 PM
RE: New Thinking on Offense? - Nately120 - 05-16-2017, 06:25 PM