Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals draft makes statement that they are not worried about the O-line
(05-02-2017, 12:21 PM)depthchart Wrote: I get your lack of Big moves point, however, I see Andre Smith as more than just "a wing and a prayer" Band Aid.

His 1 year deal supports the Band Aid portion of your statement but he should be much better than "a wing and a prayer".

I see him settling in and doing a fine job at Guard.

Remember that he was a 6th Overall pick, has a ton of Experience, familiarity with the Bengals Organization and handled Right tackle pretty well throughout his career. His size at around 325 pounds should bode well in a Guard role and he could probably still handle the Freakish Athletes that attack Right Tackles if he needed to be moved there. His injury last season was a Triceps injury so his Legs are not in a state of recovery from injury. He just turned 30 years old in January making him 5 years younger than Whitworth. I see the Smith signing as a no brainer Good signing of a Veteran that rivals the Lafell signing of last year in being a Solid smart move that pays off.

Andre Smith is no Slouch.

I somewhat agree, but Andre seems to be trending down lately....and has always had injury concerns.  I hope he makes the necessary adjustment to G, and most likely will.  On paper though, this line got a lot worse over the offseason.  We had the resources to replace the guys we lost and improve the C position.  I hope the strategy pays off.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals draft makes statement that they are not worried about the O-line - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-02-2017, 04:29 PM