Poll: Would you take a Thug team Super Bowl win if it were possible?
Yes - I would take it
No - I don't want the Front Office to appear vindicated
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Would you take a Thug team Superbowl Bengals win if it were possible?
(05-02-2017, 11:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How is this a "thug team"? Seriously. Pacman is the only current repeat offender while wearing stripes. Who else? Burfict gets counted by the media but is clean as a whistle off the field.

This team is mostly quiet and humble guys. Dalton, Green, Gio, LaFell, Boyd, Ross, Atkins, Dunlap, DreKirk, Iloka, Williams, etc etc. 

Every single mention of the Bengals as "thugs" will include Pacman, Burfict, and now Mixon. That's literally it, and Burfict shouldn't be mentioned. Maybe not even Mixon because he's done nothing wrong as a Bengal.

The Media added Jeremy Hill's face to the lineup with Pac Man & Burfict on ESPN I think it was for some issues he had while in College. That surprised me since Jeremy has been a good guy since.

I get your point that most of the players are solid guys.

The Bengals had, however, had a few good years before Pac Man & Burfict's Playoff game meltdown where the Team image had been improving. Chad & TO were gone (more malcontents than Thugs) and the team had seemed to have turned over a new leaf for a stretch.

Mike Brown did have a chance to avoid the brunt of this by taking say Dalvin Cook instead, yet chose not to.
Cook has his own issues but no Mike Tyson style Video tape. Much less of a Hot potato.

It has been a Media Firestorm ever since whether Fair or Not and the word Thug & Thugs is what many of these Media types keep tossing around on ESPN, Fox, NFL Network, Radio etc. The NFL & NFL Network has become very Politically Correct of late, as has ESPN, so I don't see them letting go of this Bone any time soon. 

As you point out, a lot of Good guys on this team have to deal with this image and distraction.

At age 81, Mike Brown may be "All In" on this team image for the rest of his life.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you take a Thug team Superbowl Bengals win if it were possible? - depthchart - 05-03-2017, 09:28 AM