Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alabama congressman: “People who lead good lives” don’t have preexisting conditions
(05-03-2017, 02:02 PM)Benton Wrote: Largely I agree with him.

If you eat right, exercise, don't smoke, don't have unprotected sex, your chance of having health related problems goes down. Some people are going to get sick regardless, it's genetics. But even some of them can change that time table by living a healthier life.

I saw a study recently that said something like 60% of all cancers are because of genetics. It went on to explain that while lifestyle choices and such can account for 30% (number may be off a little) the rest is basically bad genetics and shitty luck. People act like cancer is a new phenomenon caused by things we have created over the years, but they have found cancer in bodies from hundreds of years ago we simply didn't have the ability to diagnose it at the time.

With that all being said, I think the capitalist side of me says those who cause costs to go up should be responsible of more costs, but the human in me says that healthcare should be the one bastion of compassion that should be immune from pure capitalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alabama congressman: “People who lead good lives” don’t have preexisting conditions - Au165 - 05-03-2017, 02:11 PM