Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hills "accepts responsibility" for loss
(05-03-2017, 06:38 PM)Dill Wrote: This is not about "proving" the Russians affected the election. How would the election have gone if voters knew Trump's camp was under investigation?

Well the point is that she hasn't proven anything regarding voters swayed by Russian involvement. To use it as an excuse for why you lost is pointless when you have no data to support it. How would the election have gone if voters knew Trump was under investigation? Who knows. That's the point, no one knows who was swayed by what or how many was swayed by whatever people believe they were swayed by. 

Quote:And it seems to me she did a lot of things very well. She was magnificent and prepared in the debates while Donald looked grumpy and played.

It's not hard to prepare when you're fed the questions. Whose fault was that again? Putin's or Comey's? I can't remember.

Quote:What did Trump really do better? He wanted to build a wall and ban Muslims and that drew the Republican base to him. He injected an unprecedented level of incivility into the campaign at every stage.

In my view, two decades of Fox/Rightwing media "fake news" had a larger effect on Hillary's negatives than Russia or even the email scandal.  People are scratching their heads every day now at Trump's incompetence and lack of knowledge while the Trump base shows little sign of buyer's remorse. Someone who doesn't know government is still better than someone who does because he's an outsider. Hillary had no answer for that. Perhaps there is no answer until Trump's policies are finally perceived to fail massively.

I hope she will keep a running commentary on them as they do.  Maybe the people will choose better next time around.

What did Trump do better? Not get cocky and act like he was going to win by a land slide I suppose. We could have an almost endless discussion on why Clinton lost, but that's not my concern right now. My concern is that she's acting like she's taking responsibility when she really isn't.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hills "accepts responsibility" for loss - Matt_Crimson - 05-03-2017, 07:56 PM