Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hills "accepts responsibility" for loss
(05-03-2017, 07:56 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Well the point is that she hasn't proven anything regarding voters swayed by Russian involvement. To use it as an excuse for why you lost is pointless when you have no data to support it. How would the election have gone if voters knew Trump was under investigation? Who knows. That's the point, no one knows who was swayed by what or how many was swayed by whatever people believe they were swayed by. 

It's not hard to prepare when you're fed the questions. Whose fault was that again? Putin's or Comey's? I can't remember.

What did Trump do better? Not get cocky and act like he was going to win by a land slide I suppose. We could have an almost endless discussion on why Clinton lost, but that's not my concern right now. My concern is that she's acting like she's taking responsibility when she really isn't.
I understand your criticisms, Matt. I don't want to imply your take is "wrong" or unreasonable.  

1. It is not clear how one would "prove" something like influence on an election, occurring as a process anymore than one can predict how one call could influence a football game. One can recognize probabilities, however. Trump seems to have thought the Comey revelation would sway voters because he hammered it home every day. Why do that if it has no effect? What if it were widely known Trump's people were under investigation for collusion with a foreign power to determine the outcome of an election? That rather pales beside getting a few details on what a debate question might be like.  Who knows what would have happened if the ref had thrown a flag on that helmet to helmet hit on Hill in last year's playoff game.

2. Hillary was not "fed the questions." Brazile apparently told her she would get a question from a Flint woman with a rash. Very bad, but not why Trump was creamed in all three debates.  His policy knowledge is so abysmal he'd have lost even if had the questions and someone prepared the answers for him. He cannot stay focused and remember details. He still does not know what is in his "very great" health bill. But all that pales in comparison to a foreign power hacking the DNC to throw an election. I shudder to think what the Russians might have found in Bannon and Flynn's emails.

3. I don't think people should view the loss as either all on Hillary or all on something else. That would not give anyone an accurate picture of what happened.
Her biggest mistake in retrospect was that she had that private email server--an error that pales now in the weekly comedy of errors that is the Trump show. The Russians worked to sway the election, and according to Comey they are still working us. Trump thinks that's all fake news to undermine his legitimacy. His base agrees.  Those ready to "locker her up" for risking national security back then are ready now, with their commander in chief, to ignore an act of war.

4. I am hoping that Hillary will, in the near future, steer that national conversation back to the fact that Russian hack is a terrible threat. That is what we should be discussing, whether it affected the election or not.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hills "accepts responsibility" for loss - Dill - 05-04-2017, 01:04 AM