Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good article on MMQB this morning ....
(05-03-2017, 11:04 AM)Shady Wrote: I object to how the article treats Dalton as some kind of sub-par QB. That's clearly not the case IMHO. Otherwise, I'm glad someone can recognize the talent we drafted in the first two rounds for our offense. I'm curious to see just how quickly Malone might develop.

Dead on.  It is such a tired narrative.  

Tom Brady reached in to the 90s on QB Rating (the old one) twice in his first six years  as a starter.  He never reached in to the 100s in that time.

Dalton has also reached the 90s on QB rating twice in his first six seasons with one of those seasons going in to the 100s.

Dalton also started his rookie season, where Brady got to watch and learn.

Please, don't hit me with the "you can't mention them in the same sentence" crap.  I am not saying Dalton is equal to Brady, but the fact that so many talking heads give him zero respect at this point in his career is annoying. 

And as for the "Dalton can't win without a great supporting cast", despite being his 12th year in the league, Brady had a season where he only completed 60.5% of his passes, 25 TDs, 11 INTs, and 4343 yards.  Why?  He didn't have all his weapons.  

Dalton showed what he is capable of in 2015 when his line is stable and he has decent talent around him.  This season should trump that one and he could be in the conversation for MVP.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good article on MMQB this morning .... - SHRacerX - 05-04-2017, 08:39 AM