Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good article on MMQB this morning ....
Benoit is really good at what he does.

That said, I agree with his sentiment that Dalton is not Rodgers, Roethlisberger or Brady. If I counted right, that's eight rings, 11 Super Bowls and 4 MVPs? So, what he's saying is - Andy Dalton is not "elite," right. Not a HOFer? I can roll with that. What that means is yes, he's better off with great talent around him. So is every QB. Rodgers and Brady prove how great they really are with the subpar lines and targets they've had over the years.

Anyway, I disagree that it's Bernard-Mixon right away. I think this gives Bernard more time to be 100 percent ... so it'll be Hill/Mixon early. And say what you want about Hill and his blocking (or lack thereof) - he at least knows the offense and Dalton's calls. So, at the outset, Hill is the starter. Now, we'll find out how quick Mixon can catch up and learn all that stuff. He was a decent pass blocker in college, but Donta Hightower isn't coming through the line while your QB is in the end zone at Oklahoma. So, we'll see.

The first few games are critical for Hill, IMO. Marvin is going to give him every opoortunity to keep that job. But I do think the leash will be shorter than we've usually seen with players in 2017. (You heard it here first).
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good article on MMQB this morning .... - jowczarski - 05-04-2017, 12:24 PM