Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated: Brandon Wilson listed as S, Carl Lawson as LB
(05-04-2017, 12:54 PM)jowczarski Wrote: I wouldn't read too much into any of this to be honest. You're going to read/see guys all over the place. Wilson at safety, at nickel, outside. You're going to see Lawson at DE, at OLB. You might even see/read Wilson get a carry or two (a converted RB at Houston). Rookie camp and training camp are ways for the team to see what these guys can actually do. Up to now, it's all projection.

Lawson is the only one that might stick with the "LB" designation -- but he'll work at DE and at OLB to find a good spot for him.

I'm with you on all of this.

To me, this draft in particular says that the Bengals are shifting away from their previous methods and thought processes on what they want in or how they will use guys. A lot of these players are versatile and dynamic. Lawson in particular being able to rush down or standing.

I think in years past Lawson would perhaps have been made to fit one position and in one traditional role. I hope these types of players signify the Bengals expanding their minds and they move people around to put them in schemes/personnel packages that fit them best, rather than fitting the coaches traditional ideas. Maybe it's time the coaches change their spots (so to speak) to fit what guy's strengths are, rather than the spots of the player.

^ If that makes sense?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updated: Brandon Wilson listed as S, Carl Lawson as LB - PDub80 - 05-04-2017, 01:20 PM