Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hills "accepts responsibility" for loss
(05-04-2017, 12:57 PM)Dill Wrote: Seems like the point of fake news is to represent a lie as a fact. Are you saying that because a lie is a lie and a fact is a fact, fake news cannot affect voters?

I'm sometimes stunned by your inability to address the points I actually make.  Fake stories, yellow journalism, innuendo presented as fact, all of these are as old as politics.  The point of stating this is that this is not a new phenomena unique to the 2016 presidential elections.  Yet, it seems to be frequently presented as such.  Now, does the internet allow for this practice at a wider scale and celerity than in the past?  Absolutely, but the practice is as old as the hills and engaged in by everyone. 

Quote:There is a chance that the CIA, FBI and other government agencies are addressing the cyber attacks while the Commander-in-chief withholds support and undermines their credibility. Some might conclude "Hey, no problem then. Doesn't matter if the head of the executive branch is on board or not."  I don't.

So you're saying Trump not publicly supporting them is hindering their efforts in this regard?  That seems like a tenuous assertion.

Quote:I don't work in the FBI, so I don't have an "example." I am going by Comey's word. I hope that will be sufficient substitute.

Says Comey: "Russia Is Greatest Threat of any Nation on Earth to US Democratic Process"
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/03/fbis-comey-russia-is-greatest-threat-to-us-democratic-process.html

As in "still a threat."
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/comey-russia-is-still-interfering-with-us-politics/article/2621993

While I appreciate your attempt you didn't provide any examples and neither did Comey.  Russia is a threat to us, China is a threat to us, Iran is a threat to us and North Korea is a threat to us.  Why the laser focus on Russia?  Because the Dems blame them for the 2016 election.  Russia may be the most active in regards to hacking efforts at the moment, but they are hardly the only ones engaging in the practice.

(05-04-2017, 01:01 PM)Dill Wrote: Very well written indeed. Thanks SSF.

The Clinton team was outraged. Even at the F.B.I., agents who supported their high-profile director were stunned. They knew the letter would call into question the F.B.I.’s political independence.

Mr. Trump immediately mentioned it on the campaign trail. “As you might have heard,” Mr. Trump told supporters in Maine, “earlier today, the F.B.I. … ” The crowd interrupted with a roar. Everyone had heard.

Polls almost immediately showed Mrs. Clinton’s support declining. Presidential races nearly always tighten in the final days, but some political scientists reported a measurable “Comey effect.”

“This changes everything,” Mr. Trump said.

In hindsight, of course, Mr. Trump maintains it changed nothing.

Sorry, you don't get to make an assertion, have it be directly challenged by a long and very in depth article, and then make one quote, out of context and pretend you just made a point.  Rather, you get to, but you're going to get called out on it.

(05-04-2017, 01:05 PM)Dill Wrote: If the RNC sought to manipulate or control the Republican party primary, that would not excuse the Democrats.

Nevertheless, I am just curious--did Republicans "rig" too?

Seeing as Trump was the last choice of the RNC I'd have to say, no.  I'm sure it's happened in the past but it definitely didn't happen this past election.  I'm curious though, didn't "but he's doing it to" stop being an acceptable excuse in kindergarten?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hills "accepts responsibility" for loss - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-04-2017, 02:34 PM