Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hills "accepts responsibility" for loss
(05-04-2017, 03:49 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: We must have a completely different idea of the underlying function which the DNC serves.  What is the point of a primary in the first place if the DNC is going to "throw their weight behind" (synonymous for 'rig' imo) the candidate which 'they' prefer?  The DNC should not be pushing one candidate over another.  They should be facilitating the will of the people.  

I also dont understand why you would want to defend these practices.  They don't serve your best interests.  The only way to fix the failed system to to attack it for what it is.  The DNC failed us all miserably.  Regardless if you believe HRC would have won were it a fair playing field, we need to ensure this shit doesn't happen again.

Matt explained it better than I can so I'll repeat myself: People still voted.  If more people wanted Sanders over Clinton he would have won.  Whatever the DNC did to push Clinton was on them.  Their bore the fruit of their endeavours by pointing a flawed candidate up for POTUS and lost.

It's not defending anything.  It's me saying they didn't "rig" anything anymore than the POTUS election was "rigged" to give Clinto more votes or Trump the EC.

If some want to call that rigged than that just would give more credence to the russians "rigging" the general election.  I don't think either were "rigged".  I think both had outside influences that may have swayed some voters.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hills "accepts responsibility" for loss - GMDino - 05-04-2017, 03:54 PM