Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Jones contract - team option for 2018
A Jones had a few bad games at the start of the year last year but he has not lost a step. If he did lose a step the other teams would target him over and over until we yanked him off the field. When you are on the outside like he is you are exposed you can not hide the fact your guy has lost a step. Do you think the refs are letting A Jones hold people all the way down the field without flagging him? No why because he plays for the Bengals. His few bad games last year was mental not because he lost a step.

William Jackson, Dre K, Dennard and Shaw are all solid in my book. I liked Dre K when a lot of posters was calling him a bust when all he needed was reps like Dennard now. These other two guys you are talking about I have not seen anything out of them in a Bengals uni to warrant letting A Jones go. Don't release players without having a solid backup for the guy in place you as Bengals fans should know this. The Bengals like to keep 5 solid guys at least because of the injury issue at CB that can hit a team fast and hard.

Green was a CB until he was 40 as long as you don't lose a step and stay healthy you can play this spot for a long time he proved that. A Jones is in shape every year that has never been in question. He will lose a step at some point but it was not last year and we will have to wait to see what the future holds for him as far as that goes. A Jones is a competitive guy he will not struggle to hold on like Leon did. When he truly loses a step and he knows it in his heart he will pull himself off the field the coaches wont have to. Their will be no hanging on for a year or two like Leon did.

As far as contracts go A Jones is a humble guy he is not flashy he just wants to provide for his family. So you can get him for a decent price that wont break the bank and that helps when you want to carry 5 solid corners on your team since corners are some of the highest paid positions. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Be thankful for what we have. I was not a fan of the Mixon pick I wanted Cook but Mixon is a Bengal now. Just like Andy, A Jones and all the other guys that the Media attack when they get the chance to. So I will root for them till the Bengals cut them after that wish them the best of luck unless they are playing us.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adam Jones contract - team option for 2018 - BengalsBong - 05-04-2017, 04:59 PM