Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Jones contract - team option for 2018
(05-04-2017, 04:04 PM)depthchart Wrote: Pac Man will be 34 by the start of this season, then 35 by the start of the 2018 season.

If William Jackson III shows promise plus Keivarae Russell then 2017 is our last go round with Pac Man.
Any type of injury to Pac Man this year would also hurt his chances of the team paying the option in 2018.
Say he misses 3 or 4 games with injury allowing others more playing time to blossom and lowering his market value.

Only risk may be the team does not pick up his option, then Pac Man tests the market and then the Bengals are the highest bidder resigning him without optioning.

Short of that, I think 2017 is his last stint here.

Sure, you can say Jones is aging, but Darrell Green played at high level until age 42.  Not saying that Jones will hang until he's in his 40's, just throwing out the "anything's possible" angle.  Despite his age, and off-field antics, he's was one of the top 10 CBs as rated by the NFL last season.  So, with his play not really falling off, his salary for a top 10 performer at his position, is really quite a bargain.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adam Jones contract - team option for 2018 - SunsetBengal - 05-04-2017, 05:42 PM