Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good article on MMQB this morning ....
(05-04-2017, 12:24 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Benoit is really good at what he does.

That said, I agree with his sentiment that Dalton is not Rodgers, Roethlisberger or Brady. If I counted right, that's eight rings, 11 Super Bowls and 4 MVPs? So, what he's saying is - Andy Dalton is not "elite," right. Not a HOFer? I can roll with that. What that means is yes, he's better off with great talent around him. So is every QB. Rodgers and Brady prove how great they really are with the subpar lines and targets they've had over the years.

Like when Aaron Rogers had a 60% completion % and threw for 3800 yards in 2015 (400 fewer than Dalton did last year)?  He lost Jordy Nelson.  Ouch.  Try losing AJ Green, Gio, and Eifert...  And when was the last time you saw Brady actually take a few hits in a game?  I will tell you when....it was in games they LOST.  He has had excellent protection over the years.  Subpar my ass. 

This proves the point that you get a pass on those things once you win a Super Bowl, which is stupid because Brady was little more than a game manager when he won his first Super Bowl.  Ditto Piggy...actually, he was just supposed to not be horrible and they would win.

Dalton has been asked to do way more with less ever since he arrived to a team that was supposed to go 0-16.  Heading in to his SEVENTH year, they invest in another elite offensive weapon to pair with AJ Green.  Carson Palmer had Chad, TJ, Henry, Rudi, and an excellent offensive line.  He made a whopping two playoff games, and lost them both.  

Dalton's stats are almost identical to Brady and Mannings at this point in his career.  Now, he will take the next step.  All that needs to happen is he has Ross, Eifert, and AJ for the entire season and at least one RB not averaging less than 3 ypc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good article on MMQB this morning .... - SHRacerX - 05-04-2017, 07:31 PM