Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 free agents Cincinnati should sign following NFL Draft
(05-04-2017, 08:49 PM)McC Wrote: Preaching to the choir about the OT's.  Unfortunately, Marvin ain't in the choir.

I wonder, if you wait until TC to see what you have in your T's, and discover you were wrong, will it be too late?

I'm too lazy to change my sig, but it's still an issue.  Even playing along with developing players vs actually fielding a descent plan, they're a player short. One of these guys not working out will cause a chain reaction that will look worse than Zeitler looked at times due to either side.  

Ced gets a crack at LT, the most important spot....smh..fine. Fisher is a super sub with the potential to start, what's the harm in depth? He's so versatile I can't see how it affects him or they wouldn't have made him change his number to be a skill player.  Bodine is going to play, we may not like where he's at development wise but they'll play him for continuity with Johnson being only a spot guy like Winston.  Andre may be a great RG at this stage in his career and I hate the best backup plan actually moves two guys around. 

A descent starting RT doesn't actually impede growth, Fisher could just lap Andre or even Boling if both kids are amazing.  I really hate the logic of drawing a line in resources.  I don't care if you've used multiple high picks or larger contracts, if you don't have enough ammo you fix a problem.  We just saw what that logic did to the DL. We literally drafted a full DL and had the same rotation, not even starters but the same while rotation that we had 7 yrs ago.  The OL is one player short, that player won't fix the line but it's a better plan than hoping the young guys produce and the skill players dominate just to be a 9 win team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4 free agents Cincinnati should sign following NFL Draft - phil413 - 05-04-2017, 11:25 PM