Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake News from Left-leaning Sites
(05-05-2017, 01:22 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: A friend shared this article on Facebook and I thought it was worth sharing.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/dispatches/2016/09/18/please-stop-sharing-links-to-these-sites/

There's a lot of discussion about Fake News and Right-leaning organizations like Breitbart (and rightfully so, IMO). But without getting into discussions about "Who does it more?" or "Who does it worse?" or "Who did it first?" (which never get anywhere anyway), those who cast stones should be able to examine their own glass houses (or some plithy saying like that). In other words, you can't be part of the solution if you condone a different aspect of the problem.

Obviously, I tend to agree with the article. I've been making an effort not to re-post or share anything from these sites. Too much fake news. You can still be a Liberal, Progressive and/or a Democrat without going to these sites. In fact, it will probably make you a more informed and better one

ANY site that shares a story you should look for the original story.

I'm sure I'm guilty of sharing more opinionated reports on the original story too...but usually it's because I've agreed with the gist of the opinion.

But "fake news" is also being used to describe anything one side doesn't agree with...true or not.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fake News from Left-leaning Sites - GMDino - 05-05-2017, 08:46 AM