Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake News from Left-leaning Sites
(05-05-2017, 02:15 AM)hollodero Wrote: I stopped expecting more. The so-called "left" to me is on the right side of the issues most of the times. I agree with them. But that doesn't mean their means aren't often just as misleading and distorted, their minds aren't just as stubborn. They often operate with the same kind of lies and deception and selective perception they are so appalled by when used by the right. I say often because honestly I think on the right does it happens even more blatantly, but that's a nuance.

And the saddest thing, a right leaning person won't change his mind, but he at least tends to listen, to respond and to stay polite and respectful. Try disagreeing with a sturdy left-winger though. They don't stay polite, they take away their respect for you and your words, you can see it in their faces and read it from their tone and words. I was called part of the problem quite a lot of times simply by trying to stay factual.

I can only imagine (and also to a small extent witnessed it by now) how bad that must be in a country where there effectively are just two sides to every political issue. You're either with me or you're with the other side. It's bad enough here, where we have more choices.

Fully agreed. The sources many on the left lean on can't be called reliable many times. The right-wing fake news, however, are sure more wide-spread and a bit more divisive and extreme. I thank Putin for that. But, that doesn't make what you described any better. The end doesn't justify the means in either case, whatever the preferred end is.

---
Actually, there's something else. The girl on your picture sur is pretty, but there is a certain asymmetry in the nipple area. I feel that needs to be pointed out explicitely.

I've always been a centrist, very liberal on social issues, pretty conservative on criminal justice, the military and gun ownership.  I expected the protracted bitterness from the left that we experienced the last eight years from the right.  What I did not expect, and how the current iteration of "the left" has completely lost me, is the seeming acceptance from a large percentage of them of physically violent reactions to speech they oppose.

"Fake news" which is just another way of saying disinformation has always been a phenomena, the internet merely expanded its scope.

Lastly, I pointed out the nipple asymmetry the day he started using that pic.  You're late to this party.  Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fake News from Left-leaning Sites - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-05-2017, 11:44 AM