Poll: Should the Bengals build a new covered stadium?
This poll is closed.
Yes, much more comfortable
36.17%
17 36.17%
No, we're not wimps
63.83%
30 63.83%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoukd Bengals Build New Covered Stadium?
(05-05-2017, 09:28 AM)grampahol Wrote: I kind of doubt it'll happen, but I've been wrong before. Yeah, I know..me WRONG EVER? Shocking, huh?
From a purely comfort standpoint I'd love to see it because my old ass is never EVER going to pay money to sit in the freezing cold even if they were giving away free sex with the cheerleaders.. and who would want sloppy 20,000s anyway?  
When the temperature dips below even 40 I'm done.. 
Of course I'm not a good barometer of who might buy a ticket being I've never bought one in my life except for one baseball game and they lost. 
I live out of town anyway and I'm strictly a TV fan so as far as I'm concerned they could play on the moon and it wouldn't change how I'd view games.. 
The one thing a lot of people just simply fail to realize is that these sports are owned and operated by private individuals and organizations so the profit stays among the ownership. With this in mind I'm opposed to tax dollars funding private enterprises that really only benefit a handful of billionaires.. They want a super exclusive comfy spot to watch a game that is only used 8 times a year? Let them pay for it out of their own pockets. Unless they plan to let the general public, including people who have no interest in football come and enjoy the benefits and comfort of stadiums then don't ask the public to pay for it. Still don't matter..I'm not a resident of the city nor the county.. I do have a tiny bit of skin in the game here in Columbia SC with the new stadium for the Mets A ball stadium, but it's about .0000000000001% if that..

Hey Mr. hol, in some ways I'm very much like you.  I too live outside of Ohio and am really a TV fan anymore.  I bought tickets to two Bengals games in my life; one when I lived in Ohio.  I just want to say this, maybe it would be controversial on this board, but here it is.  If the Bengals leave Cincinnati, I would view that as a "get out of jail free" card to myself, and it would mean the end of my Bengals fandom.  Even though I don't live in OH, that is one of the links to the Bengals for me still.  If that changes, I know fans who live in and around Cincy would be devastated (at least some), but it would be like a big old weight lifted off my shoulders.  And I wouldn't feel one iota of guilt at that point to cherry pick which team I wanted to follow ( or give up on the NFL altogether). 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shoukd Bengals Build New Covered Stadium? - masterpanthera_t - 05-05-2017, 02:58 PM