Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 free agents Cincinnati should sign following NFL Draft
I doubt we sign any of these players. Bengals are not going to cut Bodine, seem to like and trust T.J. Johnson and just drafted Dielman. Mangold doesn't fit into their plans, even if we on the outside think he's a clear upgrade over Bodine.

Also, to take things a step further, I don't think replacing Bodine was ever on the offseason agenda for them. With all the turnover already in store for the Oline, and knowing our coaches' love for stability, I think there was basically no way they were going to replace Bodine this year. They plan to give Ogbuehi and Fisher as much familiarity as they can. Once they see what they have in our young tackles this year they will look into replacing or extending Bodine in the 2018 offseason.

If one of our starters or important depth pieces (Winston, Johnson) goes down in camp/preseason we might see a FA signing, but it won't be Mangold. It'll be someone with a lower profile.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4 free agents Cincinnati should sign following NFL Draft - Slythe - 05-05-2017, 05:44 PM