Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake News from Left-leaning Sites
(05-05-2017, 04:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I had a discussion on Twitter yesterday with someone that is a more conservative personality. I misunderstood his argument, but we had a discussion about the ACA is a civil manner and both lamented the lack of data based reasoning in politics these days. Even the "real news" these days is filled with anecdotal, hyperbolic, fallacious bullshit and it would just be nice to get away from that.

I'm a big fan of NPR/PBS. Have been for a long time. But I have noticed a 'bend' in their reporting since the election, particularly with stories they send out to those who follow their Facebook page. The 'bend' I speak of is more of an anti-Trump leaning than a left or right /Democrat or Republican leaning. They still present solid facts and research, they just seem to favor the anti-Trump stuff sometimes over other national and world stories. I suspect it has to do more with the admin's professed "War on the Media" than anything else.

Then again, it could also be that they are tracking Facebook posts of people who follow their Facebook pages and are selectively shipping the stories they think those people will be interested in.

Most of my Facebook friends are liberal. I've lost a lot of my conservative friends during the past few years (mostly because they got fed up with politics on Facebook in general as opposed to anything I said to them). I value the few I have left because they give me insight I can't get anywhere else. My other major social outlet is church, but I can pretty much tell you exactly how they will respond to any political conversation ("Abortion is bad. Republicans don't like abortion. Republicans are good. Nothing else matters"). Hence, I generally just stick to talking about God and the Bible at church and ignore political statements (which isn't a bad thing).
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fake News from Left-leaning Sites - Bengalzona - 05-05-2017, 09:53 PM