Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff Sessions has vowed to crack down on marijuana
(05-06-2017, 12:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've expressed my views on the legalization of marijuana on here before. I watched my mother-in-Law return from chemo as she battled cancer. She was so sick I had to carry her out of the car and into the bed. For this the Doctors prescribed her a marijuana pill (Marinol?). The pill was $70 dollars a dose. I could take about a 60 minute drive and get her a whole oz of feel better for about $40.

It is absolutely ridiculous that the drug is not available for medicinal purposes and I feel it should be legal for recreational use.

I'm going to assume she was on some sort of narcotic for pain. The anti-marijuana people like Sessions cite health reasons like addiction why marijuana should be illegal, but the narcotics we prescribe to treat pain in cancer patients can have the same negative effects. The DEA schedule of marijuana prevents meaningful marijuana research to educate people like Sessions. The worst part is the patients are denied a potential palliative treatment to ease their suffering. Very frustrating.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeff Sessions has vowed to crack down on marijuana - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-06-2017, 12:53 PM