Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Last Thoughts About Mixon.
(05-06-2017, 12:44 AM)TKUHL Wrote: This is the last that I will comment on Mixon as a Person. First I want to say what happen between Mixon and Miss. Molitor Is something I would never condone, defend, or really even understand. I will never have the facts to what led up to the situation nor will most if not all of us on here. So im not getting into the he said, she said.  I do know the way Mixon handled himself and reacted in that split second situation is disturbing and worrisome. Im not trying to change anyones mind or justify his/her  actions. DV is a serious issue that should not be taken lightly.

With that said, I have had enough of the hypocritical media, fans, Team Owners etc. For those who want to stone the Bengals for selecting Mixon you better have alot of stones. I hate to break this to some but every team has a Mixon. Odds are if you cheered for a team to win the SB, you cheered for a Mixon. Odds are if you bet on a team to win, you bet on a Mixon. So...Where was the outrage? Every sport has a Mixon. Where is the outrage? Alot of people who say they will no longer support this franchise, When Chad Johnson was charged with DV. Where was the outrage? Where was the media boycott? With all the other players drafted this year alone with a history a DV. Where is the outrage? There was none because it was heard and not seen. It shouldnt take video evidence to finally spark outrage. This kid is going to be under a microscope more than any player, including players who have actually done worse (believe it or not) because he was on video. Meanwhile here is an example list of Grown Men, not kids but Grown Men who im sure some of us idolized, while the media made millions promoting and endorsing.

Famous athletes in all sports to be convicted of Domestic Violence.

Floyd Mayweather, Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, Dennis Rodman, The Great Jim Brown, Manny Rimirez, Tito Ortiz, O.J.Simpson, Jose Canseco, Warren Sapp, Tonya Harding, Dez Bryant, Rasheed Wallace, Dwight Gooden, Darryl Strawberry, Bobby Cox, Ray Rice, Kevin Williams, Jason Kidd, Santonio Holmes, Brandon Marshall, Bernard King, Lawrence Phillips, Randy Starks, Cary Williams, Al Unser Jr., Frostee Rucker, Ray Mcdonald, Erik Walden, Tony Mcdaniel, Jovan Belcher, Chris Cook, Daryl Washington, AJ Jefferson, Greg Hardy, Stone Cold Steve Austin,

Players convicted of Sexual Assault.

Darren Sharper, Mike Tyson, Thomas Henderson, "Fast" Eddie Johnson, Mel Hall, Mark Ragowski, Tom Payne, Ruben Patterson, Marlon King, Trevis Smith, Phil Taylor, Tony Ayala, Trevor Berbick, Josh McNary

If both Mr. Mixon and Miss Molitor have met in person and moved on, why cant we. Why cant the media. Who are we to condemn this kid for eternity while we praised so many who have came before, while more are sure to come. Who are we to condemn this kid more because he was on video while giving others a pass. But like Marvin says, some people see better than they hear.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion and I respect that. And if Mixon was the last straw i completely understand. For this kid to be denied a chance to be a better person and try to move on from this horrible act he did while a teenager is wrong.

When I watched the video I hated this kid. But the relentless hatred and attacks on this kid for something he regrets and has no control of anymore is not going to help things. The more the media crucifies this kid the more I want him to succeed. Like it or not he is on our team now and needs our support. I want this kid to have the chance to be a better person, learn from his mistakes, prove that he's no longer that kid in the video and someday hopefully a higher power can show him how to be a MAN.

Nice post TKUHL....and I agree with the premise of it all. Only one thing I disagree with.....Chad Johnson had his issues AFTER playing in Cincy.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
My Last Thoughts About Mixon. - TKUHL - 05-06-2017, 12:44 AM
RE: My Last Thoughts About Mixon. - CJD - 05-06-2017, 01:27 AM
RE: My Last Thoughts About Mixon. - McC - 05-06-2017, 02:31 AM
RE: My Last Thoughts About Mixon. - 3wt - 05-06-2017, 09:43 PM
RE: My Last Thoughts About Mixon. - TKUHL - 05-06-2017, 11:36 PM
RE: My Last Thoughts About Mixon. - McC - 05-06-2017, 02:43 AM
My Last Thoughts About Mixon. - BenZoo2 - 05-06-2017, 09:36 AM
RE: My Last Thoughts About Mixon. - McC - 05-06-2017, 04:02 PM