Poll: Should the Bengals build a new covered stadium?
This poll is closed.
Yes, much more comfortable
36.17%
17 36.17%
No, we're not wimps
63.83%
30 63.83%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoukd Bengals Build New Covered Stadium?
(05-04-2017, 11:14 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I know PBS is not very old. However, I think an indoor stadium would be much better in wet or cold weather. The Vikings built an awesome stadium. Is it time for Cincinnati to get with the times and build our own covered stadium? I've heard some rumblings about it recently. Or do you prefer the fan experience to be in the elements along with the team?

The year will come Brown Family and NFL will demand a new stadium or franchise moves to St Louis or San Diego or Oakland or some other area, just like in 1990's with a stadium only opened in 1970.   If and when this happens, and if a new stadium is built, the city must demand a few things.  The Brown Family likes an open stadium but it is not good for the city.  Look at Milwaukee and their roof that opens and closes. This would allow Cincy to have indoor events in sports, concerts, many things local and world wide to use stadium all year round.  Plus Bengals too cheap to spring for their own indoor practice facility, so it would solve that problem.   There should be attached year round restaurants and a Bengals Hall Of Fame open all year long. A Multi-Plex facility so the city has other uses and ways to get some money back. Maybe also for growing sport soccer and perhaps even hockey or NBA.  Keep mind open about how to use it more than just 10 Bengals games.  .....Now Brown Family will be jerks and want it open and all to themselves. Maybe even wanting to relocate to a bigger market. 

If and when Cincy has to build a new stadium or lose NFL forever, I think city should demand naming rights on stadium.  Instead of Paul Brown Stadium, City could sell advertising rights and help get taxpayers back some money.  That is indeed where that money should go, not for players but back to the taxpayers to help pay for it.  Local school things should be able to use stadium now and then. Pay the taxpayers back a little.  I could care less the name of the stadium, and if GE puts up money to call it GE Stadium and it goes back to taxpayers, good. 

Yes, when Bengals and NFL blackmail city again and hold the relocation gun to taxpayers heads, the city should DEMAND it be a stadium like Milwaukee or Houston with open and closing roof in a few minutes time.  Something that can be used for more than 8 regular season NFL games. 357 days of non season games is not logical for the city. If The Brown Family balks at that, let them leave.  Indy and Cincy are the closest NFL cities.  I would just become a Colts Fan. Don't let The Brown Family call all the shots on next stadium, unless they want to pay for the whole thing. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shoukd Bengals Build New Covered Stadium? - kevin - 05-07-2017, 02:48 PM