Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thus would be a perfect year for Wyche to help out Zamp.g
(05-08-2017, 02:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: The guy who invented the forward pass was innovative too, but I don't think he would still be competitive now. The issue is while he created a scheme with staples still used today, the years people have had to adapt to it make a lot of what was innovative out of it common place. I'm telling you right now, that there are plenty of people today that are better equipped to lead an offense then someone who has coached decades ago. It would be like asking Buddy Ryan to come back and run the 46 defense because it was so innovative and effective back in the 80's.

Except.....I don't recall anyone saying he would be leading the offense....thought we were just talking about consulting....also, there are exceptions to every rule.  I'm telling you right now, Dick LeBeau was, and is a successful DC in his 70's as is Monte Kiffin.

The fact remains, 20 some odd years later, they are still using A LOT of the things he came up with.  Stop selling the guy short.  He's probably forgotten more about football innovation than Mediocre Marv and His Merry Band of Tenured Bums will ever know.....mainly, winning postseason football. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thus would be a perfect year for Wyche to help out Zamp.g - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-08-2017, 02:41 PM