Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thus would be a perfect year for Wyche to help out Zamp.g
(05-08-2017, 03:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Dick LeBeau has stayed in the game, Sam has been gone from it for how long now? Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Sam Wyche fan, but there is not a clearer way to state to your team that you don't trust your OC than to start bringing in consultants to "help" his offense..... I thought Zampese did ok last year with what he had to work with. This year he will have more and I expect more.

Sam was still coaching, albeit at the high school level, until around a year ago.  He coached as recently as 2005, I think it was, as Bills QB coach.  He took a job as an analyst, and coached for free at Greenville-Pickens High while doing that.  Then, he had the throat thing where he lost his voice, but he continued on coaching until the heart transplant.  I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think he may have intentions of getting back to the sidelines.  If you Facebook, he has a page called Coach Sam Wyche.  He swings by every now and again and drops a line.

All of that said, I was just adding some info on Sam to the conversation, and pointing out some errors in thought regarding him.  There have been several articles written on him over the years, and quite a bit during his health scare....and every single one you read points to his razor sharp football mind.  If Zamp seeks a little guidance, this wouldn't be as bad of an idea as some are making it out to be in their quest to never be wrong. Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thus would be a perfect year for Wyche to help out Zamp.g - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-08-2017, 04:40 PM