Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Bengals be switching rookie positions?
(05-08-2017, 01:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I  think Sam linebacker is the right position for Lawson.
It would allow the defense to keep Lawson and Willis on the field at the same time.

The only problem I have is the new linebacker Jordan Evans is probably their best covering linebacker and he will not see the field.

I don't think Lawson will turn out like: Moch, Pollock (who got hurt), and others who converted to upright position.  I say this because Lawson is a freak athlete with speed.  The possible nightmare scenario I could see is that Lawson gets hurt.

Evans will be on the field in coverage situations. Don't let his draft round throw you off. He was snubbed by the combine and had he went, he would've been drafted much higher. He can play all 3 LB positions and was converted to LB from the DB position. He maintained speed and had 4 picks and knocked down 12 passes last year, he went down in the record books this past year as well against Baylor with 2 sacks and 2 picks in that game. He ran a 4.5 at his pro day (which would've made him 1st at the combine) and is 6'3" 230lbs, so I'd say he's got the speed to hang with any TE and big enough to make the stop afterwards. He needs to work on stopping the run, shedding blocks and get stronger.

And he will be on the field, maybe not right away, but he will get there and then we will have Burfict, Minter and Vigil/Evans out there. Nickerson is going to have to work really hard to crack the Bengals 53 at the LB position. He will most likely end up on the PS or just cut.
Vigil should be our future MLB once Minter leaves next year.
Flowers, Dawson and Roach and any other LB will be battling it out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Bengals be switching rookie positions? - Mike M (the other one) - 05-08-2017, 07:37 PM