Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(05-08-2017, 07:00 PM)Dill Wrote: So you are going to present yourself as unfairly accused.

Just pointing out the truth.

Quote:I actually haven't labeled you a "racist."

100% bullshit.  To be blunt about it.

Quote:I asked you what, in your view, separates your condemnation of a whole world religion from racism, given the odious genealogy of such views. That is a question. Where is that "nuance" you see lacking? Instead of regarding this as a piece of cake and setting to work on your clarifying explanation, you demand an apology.

No, you made a statement, you didn't ask a question.

Quote:But it would be wrong to characterize your words as denigrating a whole religion? Do you maintain that too?

Even if it did, which it does not, that wouldn't be racism or equatable to the nazis, a direct comparison you deliberately made.

Quote:Before going any further, you need to tell me if I have got you right. If I have not, then do not go off on a rant about lying and misrepresentation--instead, explain what I have misunderstood and what you really mean.

Nope, you don't get to try and flip the script.  You made a serious accusation, back it up or apologize.

Quote:And you need to tell me if you recognize any distinction between asking a question about racism and accusing someone of racism.

Asked and answered, you'll get no more response from me on this issue until you apologize.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-08-2017, 08:37 PM