Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thus would be a perfect year for Wyche to help out Zamp.g
(05-08-2017, 12:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: He is doing great with his transplant, I follow him on Facebook.  Sam had been keepinig in shape, but had a bad ticker, it's fixed now, and he's getting stronger with each day.

According to coach, they have buried the hatchet.

You mean like the facets of his offense they are still running today?  Typically, I would agree, but an innovator is an innovator.  Sam still studies the game, keeps current, and often even adds insight to today's goings on.  Sam even offered a couple of years ago to help tutor Dalton along, because he "liked what he saw" in Andy, but felt he just needed a little tweaking.  Then, came House and Hue Jackson.  Some on here like to sell him short for his record with an organization with 5 playoff wins TOTAL in the entirety of its lifespan, but the guy knows how to exploit matchups, and always has.  Coaching IU against Big 10 heavyweights in the 1980s?  No problem, just condition the hell out of your squad and run the no huddle as base offense to narrow the talent gap.  Came up with the outlawed "sugar huddle" to go along with running the no huddle, and the complex language to run no huddle offense as a base.  He also almost won a Super Bowl against a legendary dynasty with a QB who had a bum shoulder entering the playoffs, against the QB he tutored as a rookie in Joe Montana.  Went on to draft the cornerstones of the Super Bowl Champion Buccaneers in Warren Sapp, John Lynch, and Derrick Brooks.  The guy is no slouch, even in his 70s.  Plenty of articles out there about it.

Dead on.  Some will think this is cutting the legs out of Zampese, and that isn't how I view it at all.  Sam wouldn't be redesigning the offense from square one, he could simply look at it run and provide a few ideas that might help it excel.  Top tier businesses do it all the time.  I am always willing to learn from someone that can help me in my job, and I have a pretty strong resume of success.  If you think you can't learn from anyone, you are being naive and arrogant at the same time.

Not saying Zampese has stated any such thing, but I would love to see Sam look at things with him during camp and just come up with 3-5 suggestions after watching that could help the overall schematic or just a couple plays.  

You hear all the time how it is a game of inches.  I would relish the idea of Sam providing some input to try and squeeze out a bit more production of this offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thus would be a perfect year for Wyche to help out Zamp.g - SHRacerX - 05-09-2017, 06:25 AM