Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USDA secretary announces halt on school nutrition standards
(05-07-2017, 07:11 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Kids aren't obese/unhealthy because of what schools decide to put on a school menu. Parents are a major reason why their kids end up fat. Giving kids whatever they want so that they'll shut up has become an increasingly normal behavior when it comes to parenting. This is just as true for food as it is for technology. 

Yes son, you can have a double quarter pounder with 10pc nuggets and play with your $700 iPad if you'll just shut the hell up.

You have an extremely narrow view. What low income kids are getting Ipads just to shut the hell up?

What about the kids who eat one meal a day that basically gives them no nutrition? I guarantee they don't have Ipads and McNuggets raining down on them.

I spent the majority of my public school career at well of school and had plenty of options to eat. Your cheapest was the basic food option which is garbage but you could spend a little more to get healthy food and a lot of people did.

Spent the last 3 years of High School at small rural school in a small town and they only had the basic food option and the choice to buy snack food which was all provided by Coke and companies they had inter workings with because Coke helped fund the baseball field the school had. No other options except junk and you could spend a little more and buy more junk. A lot of these kids were on the free meal plan and had no choice regardless.

The world is a big place there isn't one solution to a problem most of the time. I guess you would have to acknowledge there was a problem though first.

Messages In This Thread
RE: USDA secretary announces halt on school nutrition standards - CageTheBengal - 05-09-2017, 11:15 AM