Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend
(05-08-2017, 08:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Just pointing out the truth.
100% bullshit.  To be blunt about it.
No, you made a statement, you didn't ask a question.
Even if it did, which it does not, that wouldn't be racism or equatable to the nazis, a direct comparison you deliberately made.
Nope, you don't get to try and flip the script.  You made a serious accusation, back it up or apologize.
Asked and answered, you'll get no more response from me on this issue until you apologize.

Looks like I get the final word in this series, then, in which I make the following points.

1. Your "accusation" is really still just a question from me about your statement--the kind of question people regularly get when they characterize an entire religion as a "threat to Western values." And unable to quote any "statement" accusing you of racism, you'll just continue claiming I made one. Somewhere. (And you have this kind of difficulty with "ONLY" three posters, right?)

2.  Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I have restated your claims in my own words giving you every chance to explain what I have misunderstood. You are not going explain, so apparently I have not misunderstood. The question still stands, on the basis of your own hasty generalizations--grounding statements like these:

"So, do we need to wait a further 2,000 years for muslims to stop blowing themselves up, treating women like chattel, raping and disfiguring women and executing homosexuals?"

"As islam has quite adequately demonstrated that they are an ideology whose teaching should quite logically be feared by anyone who cherishes Western democratic and secular values then such fear cannot be considered unreasonable."

" I find it odd that the left has latched on to the most misogynistic, homophobic and theocratic organization on Earth."

"As to how to "get rid of it", as you ask in your hyperbolic way, that needs to come from within, but the start is to no longer turn a blind eye to the problem and pretend it's the work solely of fringe elements.

Rather than just call all this "vile" "disgusting" and "dishonest," I have sought to explain why these statements are a mischaracterization based upon lack of knowledge, wending my way through your barrage of quips, one-line "arguments," deflections, accusations and misunderstandings, standing to all your challenges with thorough explanations, definitions, and a deal of religious history. But I am only getting more scattershot quips, accusations etc. in response--nothing comparable in depth or rigor to what I have put up-- So I am comfortable leaving this dialogue with you as it now stands.   

3. But do know this--someone who denigrates an entire religion--over a billion believers--and then when questioned spends two pages calling me a "liar" and a plagiarist, and "histrionic," doesn't get to suddenly play the hurt card and change the entire terrain of the debate. My calling out your misrepresentation does not make YOU a victim. 

So choose the low road. Again. Stamp your feet and hold your breath. But if you fold, you just fold. That's that.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Merkel's Foes in Disarray, Germany Defies the Trump Trend - Dill - 05-09-2017, 11:27 AM