Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Adam Jones continues to not get it
(05-10-2017, 01:20 AM)Froob Wrote: If you watched the video, he was talking to his phone about the accident, most likely to post it on Instagram. I bet they taught him that in anger management classes.

I didn't see where he said he will have a new Rolls Royce in a few weeks. It seemed like he was genuinely mad that he got hit. He said, "Now I gotta buy a whole new car." he never talked about "having a new Rolls royce in a few weeks." Simple change in what you say can have a large impact on perception. It would be a lot different if he was bragging about going out to buy another car, but he wasnt. It isn't a story. He was just pissed and vented over video like he usually does.

The media tries to put a spin on everything. Context is key.

Rep.

Here is my position on Pacman. 

1.  He was an elite, top 5 CB in 2015.  People say he "slipped" in 2016, but he was still one of the better CBs in the entire league.  He is under contract at a reasonable price for his skills.  The team has a better chance of winning with him playing.  You can hate the guys personal life all you want ( I'll get to that in a minute), but the fact is that he is a very good player at arguably the most important position on defense.

2.  It doesn't matter how good he is if he is not on the field.  If he gets suspended then the Bengals should release him.  But we have seen this happen before.  Minor incidents get blown out of proportion because of Pac's history.  The District attorney has already admitted that some of the allegations by officers were exaggerated and did not rise to the level of criminal activity.  Cops tend to make up stuff when you curse at them like Adam did.  So for now the smart thing to do is just wait and see what the final outcome is.

3.  The Bengals have nothing to gain by cutting Adam right now except cash in Mike Brown's pocket.  Squealing and crying by fans and media have zero effect on who wins in the NFL.  I guess we could use the extra cash to extend a player who is already on the team, but there are no free agents available worth that much money.

4.  Adam is not facing any serious charges.  He didn't hurt anyone.  He had no weapon.  He had no drugs.  He just pitched a little hissy fit in public and made a fool of himself.  Despite the claims around here that "every other team would have cut him by now", that just is not true.  In fact if you look at most cases involving top players the teams tend to stand behind the player unless it is a serious felony or domestic violence.

5.  Adam's past record makes him an unusual case.  That is the real root of the argument.  I think I make a lot of good points about why Pac is still on the team, but if you believe he should be punished for his past actions there is nothing I can say to convince you otherwise.  Just don't try to claim "We can't win with players like that."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adam Jones continues to not get it - fredtoast - 05-10-2017, 10:19 AM