Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thus would be a perfect year for Wyche to help out Zamp.g
(05-10-2017, 10:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: Exactly, he was the backup in Cincy when the scheme was devised.  It was implemented when Greg Cook went down to compensate for the arms of Wyche and Virgil Carter.  Sam was in on the groundwork of the offense, and studied under Paul Brown and Bill Walsh as a coach as well.  I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have something of substance to offer......

Fred and Au will jump all over me for appearing to be sentimental here, but one issue I have always had with the Bengals is that they have no ties to their past.  No Ring of Honor.  There are very few instances when they call on their former greats to address the team or anything like that.

Wyche was an innovator and the Bengals have been called everything but innovative the past 20 years.  If the team made a simple gesture to Wyche, offered him a decent consulting fee, and had him self-scout the team and provide any ideas he thinks that could better disguise formations or help in any way, I think the city would celebrate the move.  Granted, some of the younger generations may have to Google him to learn what he had done here, but it would be a great lesson!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thus would be a perfect year for Wyche to help out Zamp.g - SHRacerX - 05-10-2017, 11:40 AM