Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals address need for guys who punch women in face depth
(05-10-2017, 11:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: Yes agree. As a teen he committed a crime. 
Then you also agree there's a big difference between committing a crime as a teen, especially in the way that Mixon did, versus committing crimes as Ray Rice did in his twenties (also when his fiancee showed no sign of violence towards him EITHER TIME that he punched her) and with Ray Lewis MURDERING two people and Ben RAPING multiple women.

(05-10-2017, 11:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: Once again it is irrelevant. Secondly, I would refute your claim anyway  because Ben was never charged with rape, and Ray was acquitted of murder.
Therefore, their respective teams accepted the decision of the courts and retained their players. 
Had each player been guilty and the team retained them you would have a better case.

Ben wasn't charged with rape because he had his bodyguards block the door!  It's well-known that he raped her and the others!  He paid them off in civil suits though!

Also, LEARN YOUR FACTS and see that Ray wasn't "acquitted" but had the charges dropped because he rolled over on his two friends, which THEY WERE THEN ACQUITTED even with Ray rolling over on them because Ray's the one that killed them! 
(05-10-2017, 11:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: Easy. The same way these folks "condemned" the bengals.  
Funny how it doesn't matter to them that the ravens had a player that slugged a woman.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/05/03/cincinnati-tv-station-urges-fans-to-boycott-bengals-for-drafting-player-who-punched-a-woman/?utm_term=.4052eb757800

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/274083/bengals-getting-backlash-over-drafting-rb-joe-mixon/

[/color][/size]http://www.fanteractive.com/news/?news/9610/Bengalseye-opener:runningbackJoeMixonin2ndround

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/cincinnati-bengals-joe-mixon-oklahoma-2017-nfl-draft-second-round-pick-twitter-reaction-fans
From one link:
Quote:Mixon, who made a plea deal and reached a civil settlement with Molitor, told ESPN’s Elizabeth Merrill that he hopes to “make a difference” off the field, even as he realizes that he’ll never change how some people feel about him. “People try to perpetrate me as some type of bad guy, some monster for one mistake I made three years ago,” Mixon said. “I want people to get around me, to come talk to me, to be comfortable. I’m not trying to really prove anything. I just want people to get around me and get a feel for me. If they don’t like me then, hey, so be it. I’m sorry they feel like that.

“I want to go out and help kids maybe. I want to help and talk at shelters with women. I hope to make a difference.”
Doesn't sound like a thug to me, but rather sounds like a young man who knows he made a mistake and is looking to make up for it.

From the second link:
Quote:“It’s not really about winning anybody over,” Mixon said in an interview. “I come here to work and to be the best teammate, the best person, and try to do whatever I can around the community and get everybody together.”

So he's not doing it for appearance or reputation, but just to help the community and bring people together.  That's not a thug.

The other two links are similar and it's obvious that they just tried to bring up the Bengals taking him as a controversy to stir up trouble where none exists.

That's VERY OBVIOUS.

(05-10-2017, 11:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: Okie dokie there Bradley, now answer mine.

(This aught to be fun)

Do you believe the Ravens would have drafted Mixon?
Do you believe the Steelers would have?

Supposed the Ravens did draft Mixon, would you say "nice pick Harbaugh", or would you join the publics certain backlash towards the Ravens organization?

I believe both teams would do what it takes to win and would have drafted him without a problem, which is obvious by them keeping players who have done much worse.

I don't think that there would be a public backlash towards the Ravens because they've won Super Bowls, so the media overlooks it.  

However, I wouldn't have bashed Harbaugh because, like I said, Mixon was young, and people make mistakes when they're young and Mixon has owned up to it and is remorseful, along with everything else I've posted.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals address need for guys who punch women in face depth - BFritz21 - 05-11-2017, 12:18 AM