Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tempered Expectations for Draft Picks
I read the whole thing. Smirk

I agree with you almost entirely. Especially on Ross and Mixon. You say the best we can hope for is 4 contributors, which is generally accurate give or take...but I think this will wind up being a class like 2001 or 2010. We're going to see a couple studs and a couple solid contributors out of this one. I think.

Ross- I think he winds up being an absolute stud of a #2 WR and eventually he will soften the blow of losing AJ Green...who is creeping up on the big 3-0.

Mixon- I think he'll be mixed in (pun intended) a bit this year, but this was more of a 2018 move. This is Hill's last year as a Bengal regardless of performance.

Willis- I'm also "meh" on Willis, but more optimistic than you. I don't see a 3rd rounder being inactive with the lack of depth we have at DE.

Lawson- I like him...but at the same time I think he's being overhyped a bit. I think he'll contribute, but the James Harrison comparisons are a bit much.

Malone- I think this pick is flying under the radar. Kid ran a flat 4.4 and has the size/production. This isn't a Binns/Core/Alford/Wright/Cobi Hamilton/Whalen/Briscoe type of player. He's a far better prospect than those guys.

Glasgow- Decent depth/competition at DT.

Elliott- We'll find out quickly whether or not he was worth a pick at the top of the 5th round. Randy Bullock will be tough to beat out.

Dielman- Hard not to like his bloodlines. Maybe he competes to replace Bodine next year?

Evans- Special teamer and depth is probably his ceiling.

Wilson We'll barely remember his name in 5 years

Schreck We'll only remember him because of his name.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tempered Expectations for Draft Picks - Shake n Blake - 05-11-2017, 01:03 AM