Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tempered Expectations for Draft Picks
(05-11-2017, 01:03 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I read the whole thing.  Smirk

I agree with you almost entirely. Especially on Ross and Mixon. You say the best we can hope for is 4 contributors, which is generally accurate give or take...but I think this will wind up being a class like 2001 or 2010. We're going to see a couple studs and a couple solid contributors out of this one. I think.

Ross- I think he winds up being an absolute stud of a #2 WR and eventually he will soften the blow of losing AJ Green...who is creeping up on the big 3-0.

Mixon- I think he'll be mixed in (pun intended) a bit this year, but this was more of a 2018 move. This is Hill's last year as a Bengal regardless of performance.

Willis- I'm also "meh" on Willis, but more optimistic than you. I don't see a 3rd rounder being inactive with the lack of depth we have at DE.

Lawson- I like him...but at the same time I think he's being overhyped a bit. I think he'll contribute, but the James Harrison comparisons are a bit much.

Malone- I think this pick is flying under the radar. Kid ran a flat 4.4 and has the size/production. This isn't a Binns/Core/Alford/Wright/Cobi Hamilton/Whalen/Briscoe type of player. He's a far better prospect than those guys.

Glasgow- Decent depth/competition at DT.

Elliott- We'll find out quickly whether or not he was worth a pick at the top of the 5th round. Randy Bullock will be tough to beat out.

Dielman- Hard not to like his bloodlines. Maybe he competes to replace Bodine next year?

Evans- Special teamer and depth is probably his ceiling.

Wilson We'll barely remember his name in 5 years

Schreck We'll only remember him because of his name.
For Willis, I think we will have the players for it. Dunlap, MJ, Clarke, Lawson active
My expectations are low for Malone just due to the odds of getting contributors in the draft, and while he is very fast he posted other bad athletic scores iirc. Like a super low playmaker score
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tempered Expectations for Draft Picks - eoxyod - 05-11-2017, 01:31 AM