Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tempered Expectations for Draft Picks
(05-11-2017, 03:05 AM)J24 Wrote: A couple of question Exoyd; if we were better at WR pre draft do you think Ross would still have been the pick? In other words do you think he was the best player on the board at the time regardless of position of need? Also do you think his redzone numbers in college will translate to the NFL.

I think that depends on our WRs. If we had another guy on a long term contract (Like let's say we re-signed Marvin Jones), then it wouldn't have been worth that value there due to previous investment at the position and the team still has to think of business and spreading financials evenly. But personally I think Ross was the best football player available at that time especially since the team was obviously confident with his medicals. If say he didn't pass medicals or we were loaded at WR, I would say the Bengals' board would look like Howard, Reddick, Hooker

His redzone numbers won't completely translate, but that sort of success is something that is typically tranferable when the other factors that are addressed show up. If he was just a jump ball receiver I would say that it's not a consistent enough trait seeing as how TDs can be a moderately lucky statistic and hard to predict. Although that is mostly for RBs and not WRs. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tempered Expectations for Draft Picks - eoxyod - 05-11-2017, 01:23 PM