Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 free agents Cincinnati should sign following NFL Draft
(05-05-2017, 09:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As much as I wanted to see the Bengals go after a premiere Center, the way that things turned out with Whitworth and Bodine now makes me think otherwise.  You make some valid points.  They are already turning over 3 of the 5 spots to guys that didn't start there, last year, throwing a new Center into the mix would only further cloud the matter.  Boling and Bodine are going to be the only consistent pieces of the 5 man unit.  Meager as it was, at least Bodine showed some improvement as last season wore on.

I, much like most of the fans on here, would like to see them at least pick up some viable veteran backup at the T position.  Sure, Winston is good for some spot duty, and an occasional start.  Realistically?  We don't want him having to play multiple games in a row.

Honestly, I sure hope that the Bengals staff was able to look into some sort of crystal ball, and see phenomenal development happening from Ogbuehi and Fisher, because their lack of any serious attention to OL in the draft really scares the crap out of me. 

This has been a huge disconnect between what the fans view as needing more priority/talent and what the Bengals think/value.
We've been clamoring for years for the Bengals to invest more into the C position, but they have openly said they value the T positions post, following by OG and then C last.
They view the C position as the position on the OL that can have the most success with a lower draft pick.
Given they lost their starting LT and RG, they weren't going to put any priority on replacing C.
Hopefully Ogbuehi and Fisher really progress this year so the Bengals can focus on interior OL early in the draft next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4 free agents Cincinnati should sign following NFL Draft - ochocincos - 05-11-2017, 01:33 PM