Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tempered Expectations for Draft Picks
My expectations are:

John Ross - Will add another dimension to this offense and establish himself as a great WR2 provided he can stay healthy. This year, he'll be in a somewhat limited role and probably get around 600 yards and about maybe 4 TDs I think.

Joe Mixon - He'll earn the starting role this year and will have a solid rookie year. I think he'll become the best RB the Bengals have had since probably Rudi.

Jordan Willis - I believe Willis will be a rotational DE as a rookie and have about 4-5 sacks. But I think he develops into a quality but not elite DE, similar to MJ in his prime.

Carl Lawson - Lawson needs to be used right. If he's used properly, I think he could be the third-leading sacker on this team behind Atkins and Dunlap, even as a rookie.

Josh Malone - I'm expecting Malone to ride the pine this year. He's still somewhat raw, but he has the talent to develop into a good WR3.

Ryan Glasgow - I envision him becoming just like Peko. He'll be a decent-to-solid DT and might put up 4+ sacks in a season occasionally. But hopefully he is just a quality backup because Billings tears it up at NT.

Jake Elliott - I think Elliott will be a good kicker for a long time. The Bengals are very hesitant to take a kicker/punter in the draft, so it should speak volumes to the fact they actually drafted one and especially in the 5th. The last 5th round K/P they took ended up being pretty good (Huber).

JJ Dielman - I feel this was a project pick, but I don't see him ever becoming a starter. With only 5 games experience at C, he has a steep hill to climb.

Jordan Evans - I think Evans could be a decent backup nickel LB in time, but he'll be relegated to ST duty if he makes the team this year. I like him more than Flowers.

Brandon Wilson - I think this guy will become a ST staple for the Bengals. I don't think he'll ever really be much of a factor at all on offense/defense though.

Mason Schreck - PS forever
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tempered Expectations for Draft Picks - ochocincos - 05-11-2017, 01:50 PM