Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tempered Expectations for Draft Picks
(05-11-2017, 02:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nicely done Eox, I am with you on Ross, he is probably my favorite pick. Kind of surprised he wasn't quite as good
on Slant routes. Could that be because he had such a shitty QB? Seems like this would be the most deadly route for
us to use him on especially since our O-line is our biggest question.
Haven't been able to see all of those, but typically it's a matter of getting off the line very quickly which is a route that is typically perfected the longer you play receiver. As you know he was a converted CB so time with Urban can help develop that. Having a much more accurate short throw QB helps too
On Mixon his vision makes up for his lack of agility IMHO. He has such great vision he sees things happen before
they happen. This is exactly why he will start as a rookie here i agree and will be our most productive rookie this
year. I actually think our run game could improve a lot this year which is awesome.

Disagree on Willis completely. He has bend, he can rush on the outside, inside, has swim moves, spin moves can
bull rush. He is very physical, i believe he is exactly what we needed. With Billings, Willis and Lawson we could be
great on Defense this year which is where i am the most excited. Lets be #1. We were already hard to pass on
with the walking tree at RE, we will be harder to pass on now with these additions and the wins on moving on from
Peko and Maualuga. Wills is also a good run stopper so this will not hamper his chances of starting.
That's fair. As I said before expecting all 3 top picks to become good players is not realistic unless the team gets very lucky. I think he's going to get a much ruder awakening in terms of his pass rush skillset coming in. But he plays very hard which is always a plus
Lawson is a very physical pass rusher, should be very good in a rotation on down the line.

I really liked the Glasgow pick as he is not just a run stopper. I think he makes the team, another physical player.

Malone is said to remind AJ Green and some of MLJ, i see more of a Chris Henry type with his size. What is wild
is he can also be a returner. Damn, so much competition at Receiver it is crazy.

Jordan Evans has range and is the fastest LB to come out of this draft. He will make the team on ST's alone.

Also fair on Evans I was not able to watch anything on him. Fortunately LBs are super scheme specific so if he fits ours then it works. Being a fast LB on STs would help him make the team though
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tempered Expectations for Draft Picks - eoxyod - 05-11-2017, 02:29 PM