Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tempered Expectations for Draft Picks
Really nice thread EOXYOD.  Thanks for the work you put into this.  

Ross- It will all depend upon his health status, especially with assassins like Mike Mitchell prowling around looking to  knock Bengal receivers out of the game.    But if he stays healthy he has the chance to make a huge impact  as a #2 WR and a red zone threat.   He does so many things at warp speed.  I think he has the potential to be much better than D. Jackson.

Mixon- I think he'll also have an immediate impact.  He's the type of running back that you can put anywhere on the field giving us the players to execute the no huddle in a big way.  And he's a tough guy who doesn't go down after the first touch by a defensive player.  I definitely think he's a 2017 guy.

Willis- I'm also hesitant on Willis, but I think he'll be an upgrade from what we've had on 3rd down.  He seems pretty raw, but if he grows he could be a very good DE.

Lawson- This guy I love.   I think he starts out on third downs, impacting right away, and develops into a guy that can be one of the exceptions to our search for the hybrid stud.

Malone- A lot of people have said he reminds them of Henry, and I agree.  I actually think he's got more potential than Henry had.  He's raw, but he does the long ball really well, so if Ross is hurt we don't return to square one.   Some people have said that he reminds them of M.L. Jones when he first arrived.   If so we will have some serious depth at WR - especially those that can throw the safeties into cover 2 opening up the middle for Eifert, Mixon and Gio.  It was a really wise pick.

Glasgow- I think this guy surprises.  He stands out on film in that he stuffs the run, seldom goes backwards and never without a double or triple team, and he actually penetrates.   He is not as good laterally as Peko, but I think could be better in every other respect.  And his motor is never off.

Elliott- Hopefully Simmons knows what he is doing. I agree with others that Randy Bullock will be tough to legitimately beat out, but will anyway, as the 5th round pick will win.

Dielman- I want to be excited about this guy.  I'm hearing mixed reports on him. If the good reports are true maybe we got lucky...

Evans- I love this guy too.  Our backers have struggled to cover in zone packages and he does that really well.  And he should be a really good on special teams.

Wilson - they have a lot of confidence in this guy.   I'm not sure I am feeling it, but what do I know.

Schreck - This is where EOXYOD is right.   I just want every pick to come in and be a pro-bowler.   I'd say the odds are extremely low.  Watch him be the only guy on the team in 6 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tempered Expectations for Draft Picks - 3wt - 05-11-2017, 05:52 PM