Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Adam Jones continues to not get it
(05-11-2017, 04:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is your proof.  The Cincinnati Prosecuting Attorney who fully investigated the allegations, Joe Deters, dismissed the charges for spitting on the nurse because the nurse was a lying gold digger.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18977574/felony-charge-dropped-cincinnati-bengals-cornerback-adam-jones

Deters said the nurse involved in the case appeared to be seeking a civil settlement from Jones, which factored into his decision to drop the charges.

"She said I talked to her; I never spoke with her," Deters said. "I've still never spoken with her in any fashion about this case. Secondly, she denied that they were trying to get a civil settlement, which is entirely false. ... I'm not going to use the sledgehammer of criminal prosecution to get her money. She's been untruthful in talking to me, she's been untruthful about her willingness to settle this thing civilly."

But, of course you don't care about the real facts.  You even admitted that.  All that matters to you is the "court of public opinion".  Even if it is wrong.

1. It says in your own link that Pacman spit on the nurse. 

2. I mistakenly said that Pacman "threatened a cop's life" when he actually just wished death upon him. Clearly I made a mistake in my haste to partake in unjustified Pacman bashing. I shouldn't have even brought this up because wishing death on a cop is obviously no biggie.

3. http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2017/04/pacman-jones-tells-reporter-to-shut-the-fck-up-after-questions-about-his-offseason-arrest-videos/

Can we just agree that Pacman has behaved poorly this off-season? I've never had a big issue with him in the past, but at some point you have to say no mas. I'm all for 2nd chance players, but once they represent my team, I believe you should have some kind of standards. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adam Jones continues to not get it - Shake n Blake - 05-11-2017, 08:39 PM