Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to sign EO to investigate...
(05-12-2017, 07:23 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Yeah because you're quoting something bfine said that has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

Did you point out someone was biased?  Yes. So it does have something to do with what you are saying.  If you don't want to discuss bias then just stop talking about bias.

Quote:You said "At least you hAve an open mind" as some kind of counterpoint, but it doesn't counter anything I said.

I'm just pointing out your bias.  And the reason I am pointing out your bias is . . .

(05-11-2017, 07:47 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: to show an unfairness in argumentation and thus the meaningfulness or persuasiveness of such arguments lose their ability to be so.

So by pointing out your bias your arguments lose their meaningfulness or persuavieness, at least according to you.

Quote:What am I being biased about?

Anything you have an opinion on.  To quote you again, what your biased about is irrelevant . . .

(05-11-2017, 09:09 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: The fact that we all have biases is irrelevant.

So even though we all have biases, having biases is irrelevant (according to you.)  Apparently, pointing out other's bias, which as we have already established is a given with everybody, is the relevant part because it reduces the meaningfulness of the other's argument.

Quote:I'm confused as to what bias you're pointing out that relates to the argument I made about biases.

Again, what you're biased about is "irrelevant."  I'm just pointing your bias out because it reduces the meaningfulness of your argument; your argument, not mine.

My contention is pointing out someone's bias is nothing more than pointing a finger.  You have a bias, I have a bias, everyone has a bias, and we all know everyone has a bias, and we all know that we all know that everyone has a bias.  So what is the point?  Why do it?  Why tell someone, "At least you have an open mind," when you unequivocally mean the opposite?  With the specific comment that started this discussion, it is another passive aggressive insult in a pattern of passive aggressive insults meant to convey to the other person they aren't open minded at all, but rather they are biased.  But, we already know everybody is biased.  To put it in plain English, it is nothing more than a dig at the other person.  Some people just aren't honest enough to admit what they're doing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to sign EO to investigate... - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-12-2017, 10:23 AM