Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kellyanne Conway: I face sexism a lot
(05-12-2017, 09:02 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have zero doubt that Kellyanne Conway faces sexism a lot. From people on her side and against her, no less. Both the right and the left are bad about that sort of thing. Right now we see a shift in the Democratic leadership where they message they apparently heard post-election was to jettison the need to fight for issues they see as women's issues. Sexism is rampant, especially in politics.

All of that being said, I've seen Anderson Cooper roll his eyes at people from all walks of life, so I don't know whether that example that has been used was actually sexist.

I agree that sexism exists and I'm sure Kellyanne Conway has been the target of sexism.  But, the eye roll wasn't prejudice against women.  She was the victim of prejudice against stupidity.

Hillary Clinton is a women.  Kellyanne claimed Hillary would not be the victim of sexism like she faced.  If the eye roll was sexism then Hillary would receive the same treatment by the same people in the same situation because she is a woman and that is how prejudice works.  But, Kellyanne used an example of a woman being treated with respect by the same people in the same situation.  And because Kellyanne claims another woman is treated with respect in the same situation by the same male news anchors as an example of how Kellyanne is the victim of sexism  . . . is stupid.  Kellyanne's example would indicate she wasn't the victim of sexism in this case.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kellyanne Conway: I face sexism a lot - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-12-2017, 10:58 AM